a) Preventive Maintenance
It is a set of procedures and processes that ensure that the vehicle continues to walk without any problems leading to the vehicle’s suspension or performance. They may include:
* Detection and examination
* Measure the level of fluids in the car and complete the fluid shortage (engine oil, brake fluid, coolant)
* Change engine oil and filter
* Check and adjust the creations.
b) Repairs therapeutic maintenance
It is divided into two types of striped type and the unplanned type
It is a set of procedures that take place when the car stops, and may include:
* Change some parts before their life span expires
* Engine, gearbox and main parts packing.
Repair and maintenance of cars
– Unplanned reform
It is a set of procedures that take place when the car or one of its systems crashes or a road accident occurs, and may include:
* Massive repair of systems, or replacement as a result of malfunctions
* Repair the body of the car.
Negligence in the procedure of preventive maintenance in terms of the rate of its procedure will lead to increased incidence of breakdowns and increased work and cost of repair, as unplanned repair costs more and takes more time and effort than the owner of the car.
It illustrates increased repair costs when preventive maintenance costs are reduced, and repair costs decrease with increased maintenance and preventive costs. From the form, it is possible to determine the amount of preventive maintenance required that gives the lowest overall cost of the vehicle (preventive maintenance cost and repair cost).